Down to one bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andy Daventry, Jan 22, 2003.

1. I sold the 4 strings. Down to my home made five.

This one:

I find I am more focussed on playing and less on what kind of bass I should get next.

One is enough.
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama

No, you've missed the point... The rules state that "He who has the most toys wins."!!!!

Of course, we're all losing to John!!!
  3. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Cool, man. :)

I like to keep it simple, too. But I need three.

2 Jazz basses. One as a backup for gigs.

1 Acoustic bass to practice with without amplification... and to use on any acoustic jams.
  4. Ah, well, what I didn't tell you was that I sold the four strings to buy another acoustic 6 string...

Oh, dear. I'll get banned for that...

True though. But what I said above is true...I play more and fiddle less.
  5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    You're probably right, Andy. I've been thinning the herd myself, and I'll probably end up with three. One that was given to me that I don't feel like selling, my home made (more like home-assembled) franken-P, and a five string.

But any one of them would probably be enough in the grander scheme of things.
  6. I'm going that way too. I played 5s and 6s for years, now they're all for sale, and I'm just keeping my Frankenbass 4. I've just renewed my interest in 4 string, and like you, I'm losing interest in gear. Hell, I dont even get GAS anymore.
  7. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002

Talk like that can get you banned around here!

Seriously though, I wish I could do that too.
  8. Hey Marty, if you sloughed the six, can I have your old TI flats? They can't be more than a couple of years old. Nicely broken in...