1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Downey's Cafe in the old Kalamazoo Gibson factory

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BahamasSteve, Dec 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BahamasSteve

BahamasSteve Guest

Jul 12, 2015
    Downey's Café was a sandwich shop that was located in the old Gibson building in Kalamazoo, (I think it was on the second floor, near where the window shaker AC and vent fan are located). I was there in the late 90s and it was still open. At the time it was a favorite stop for touring musicians to get lunch. The walls were decorated with autographed band promo photos. It kept short hours, usually closing by 2 pm, so the owner could be home to meet his special needs child at the bus stop after school. Last I had heard, it closed in early 2000s.

I'm just wondering if anyone else had been here or heard of the place?
    Gibson.jpg

2. BahamasSteve

BahamasSteve Guest

Jul 12, 2015
    Found a link on the "Save the Stack" facebook page, showing the Downey's Logo on the window. Heritage Guitar was located in the building at the time also.
    Gibson with Downey's.jpg

Taken from:

Stewie26 and bholder like this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021