1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Downgrade?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by baron665, Oct 7, 2010.

1. baron665

baron665

Apr 9, 2010
    Michigan
    Has anyone bought a nice/decent/pro/high end/etc. and downgraded the parts? For example, cheaper pickups, bridge, neck, or any other hardware. I know it sounds crazy to most, but someone out there has to prefer the sound/feel of inexpensive parts over their more expensive counterparts.

2. SnakeKappele

SnakeKappele

Sep 20, 2010
    I haven't downgraded; but, I have not upgraded like others. Most people seem to change the Fender Original Vintage pickups for something "better." I love the Original Vintage pickups.

3. Gigarob

Gigarob

Jun 3, 2010
    6/103 Hunter St Hornsby Sydney
    ECTOMORPH CUSTOM BASSES
    It would be like putting a volkswagon engine into a porche.

It might fit but then you'd have a kickass porche engine sitting in your garage and driving would be no fun.

4. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I'm seriously considering converting my Wal Custom 2P into a passive model, which would mean replacing the pickups and electronics for their passive counterparts. I imagine that most folks would consider this a downgrade.

5. elzeder

elzeder

Mar 19, 2010
    europe
    Sorry, totally OFF Topic Smarta..ing
    The early porsches, had a slightly uptuned beetle motor in a lighter car and you had a racing machine.

But yeah back to topic downgrading wouldn t be fun and why pay the extra cost.
    Now if you have a bass that you like and other people "traditionally" upgrade those, doesn t mean you have to do the same.

6. baron665

baron665

Apr 9, 2010
    Michigan
    This is what I'm talking about.