Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Downgrading my Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by count_funkula, Jan 13, 2004.

1. I'm thinking about selling my Workingman's 15 and getting somethin smaller. I'm at the point now where all I need is something to practice with at home and use as a personal monitor on occassion at church. I want to get something that will still leave me with a good bit of cash leftover from the sale of the SWR.

I used to have a Ampeg B50R that I really liked. What are some other good combos that can be had for a low price? I prefer nothing bigger than a 12" speaker.

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    If you liked the B-50R, then i'd say get it back! Kickass little amp.

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Maybe one of the hartke kickback amps will suit your needs?

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    i've been eyeing the behringer bx600. it's 60 watts with a 12 inch speaker and people seem to say it has tons of volume and bang for the buck. $139 i believe, in most places. been reading a lot of reviews, and most people say they sound great. read more than one though where they complained about rattling, or the amp just totally crapping out after a couple of uses. hmmm..... the jury is still out for me, but i need a small, light cheap amp too. price wise, i don't believe this one can be beat - unless you go used.

5. I agree with The Ox.

Some others to consider.

Trace Elliot
    Boxer 65 12"Combo

Fender
    Frontman 12B

HARTKE KICKBACK 12 COMBO

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    the hartke kickback 12 would be a good choice while leaving you money left over.

7. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Yorkville XM50. 10" 50 watts, great combo. It's my "bedroom" amp.