Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Download a track from my latest project

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Apr 2, 2004.

1. I've been playing bass for Carol Bui for a few years now, and now at long last her full-length cd is out. I spent a huge chunk of my winter break recording it with her, and it was well worth the effort. She just mailed me a copy of it and I'm really proud of what we've done. So I figured I'd rip a track for you guys to hear. I picked the one with a cool little bass lead part at the end; it's always nice when a bandleader encourages you to get fancy. So. Here it is, right click -> save as:

http://www.resnet.wm.edu/~ijwrig/Carol_Bui-I_don't_call_him_by_name(DHC).mp3

If you like what you hear, please go to www.carolbui.com and buy the album for $10, I doubt you'll be disappointed. And if you're around the DC area, keep an eye out for one of our shows.

2. Not working for me. Plugin issues... :/

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Great song! I really like the mix and Carol's voice. You're bass playing and tone sound really good. I really dug 'Dave Coulier', (lost the MP3 when the old computer died :( ), but your sound is so much more together here... Good tune all around. Thanks for sharing...

-robert

4. thanks man... i think it's just that the recording is much better. the dave coulier EP was a comparative hack job, we did it all ourselves on cheap equipment.

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I love the prechoruses (or are they choruses?). Those modulations really open up the song.

6. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    dug it... ur tone has gotten much nicer!

7. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I'm at work and only have my laptop speakers to listen with but what I could hear made me very happy. Great song, great energy. I live in MD so I will have to keep an ear to the ground for ya. I love the stops before the verses. That is f-ing cool! Oh yeah, nice bass work from what I can hear on my little JBL laptop speakers. Did you use distortion at the end or is it just my speakers?

8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    DanceHall - sounds good, man! What were you playing and playing through on that track?

9. recorded pretty much the whole cd with a Reverend Rumblefish XL in series setting, through a SABDDI, direct to the board. fingerstyle.

jon burnet, the main difference is probably that i used a pick on the ZM recordings, and miked up a bag end 15" cab so it all sounded much ballsier. i actually like that tone more, but i'm just trying to fit the song here.

yeah, there's distortion on the end. the sound guy actually put that effect on there after it was recorded, sounds surprisingly good huh? i have a DOD 250 now and it does a nice job of emulating that sound.

10. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i meant no offence, just that i prefered this tone to the ZM stuff. this tone reminds me alot of chris cheaney.