1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Download my album for free!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
  2. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    As opposed to...*gasp*... paying money for it.... I don't understand.
    Downloading now :D

3. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    its only going to be available for free for a little while. cd re-lease show isn't until june 3rd and we are pressing the cd as we speak

4. had a quick listen to your stuff on myspace - bit boards of canada, like it :)

5. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    sweet. thanks man. i appreciate it

6. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    :confused:
    Not my thing, though would compliment coding well.
    my rhythm guitar player would love it.

I need to give it a deeper listen with the "special pottery" and iTunes visualizer.

7. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Subscribed, will download here in a bit.

-Benny

8. I envy you so much.....bah the military

9. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    yeah its not going to be everyone's cup of tea but we definetly had fun making it own our own. 100% us. we recorded and mixed/mastered everything. We are pressing the cd's right now and we just bought jewel cases and we will print all the artwork and put it together when they come in.

10. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    What its all about my friend.
    How are you pressing the CDs if you don't mind me asking and going a bit off topic.

11. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    i'll have to ask my guitar player but somewhere online it was like $1.34 per cd. and we only did 100 this time. we will print more when we get close to the end. We don't envision us being "Rock Stars" or making tons of cash on this one so we want everyone to get a chance to get it for free for a little while

12. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    good deal thanks.

13. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Good stuff dude! I'll listen to it again tonight when I have a little more time.

So, show and tell, what did you use?

14. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    not sure of what basses right off the bat... i've recorded with a mustang, p-bass, jazz bass, modulus. Tons of effects. I played bass, vibraphone, saxophone and some percussion. I also did most of the arranging.

we recorded into an old school motu 828 which is actually in the classifieds right now since we upgraded to focusrite. everything was direct. some live drums on the record. vibes were miced, same with the sax. we did all the recording in our drummers basement onto my macbook pro. we have another whole albums worth of material waiting to be edited. But we'll see how this one does.

Everything is completely improvisational. Probably no overdubs. this is how we perform live as well. It will actually be a challenge to try to re-create this live since we do everything off the cuff.

15. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    :D

Pretty please?

16. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Free is my favorite flavor.

17. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    don't have a current pic but i was using:

boss hm-2, oc-2, moog lpf, moog ring mod, moog phaser, zvex fuzz factory. i have a bunch more but i don't think any of them were used on the record. i will be posting my pedalboard when i finish but i just got a xo bms and jetpack digitech so i don't think they will fit.

i've been through alot of loopers. first a boomerang which i wish i still had. akai headrush, boss rc-2 and finally an ehx 2880 with foot-switch. As soon as i figure out how to program it to be the slave to my computer drummer's laptop, i will be able to loop in time with my bass to his grooves! it's so hard to figure out though. im not good with midi

18. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    Very cool! Nice ethereal vibe! This will make a good bedtime cd...I mean that in a good way! :bag: ;)

19. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    yeah it's definitely a headphones record or night driving disc. im glad you enjoy!!

20. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Thanks for the gift.

I am enjoying it, really nice!