Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

downloadable instructional videos

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by ninevoltbass, Apr 10, 2003.

1. I'm looking for downloadable instructional videos.. can anyone help me?? I live in the philippines and bass instructional videos are very hard to find here..anyway, im a newbie here so please bear with me and my questions.;)

2. Use E-mule(e-donkey)! (all i know is that, my brother is the one that uses that software)

Maybe youre not gonna find instructional vids, but you can find pastorius live in montreaux, marcus miller live at ohne and victor wooten bass day 98 and other cool videos.

It happens the same way to me, and they are damn too expensive, i live in Chile.

3. thanx for the info dude! anyway, i use kazaa in searching for stuffs. They've got a lot of audio files and guitar instructional videos but none for the low enders. It just sucks to see a lot of videos for guitars but none for the bass.:bawl:

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Wrong forum - moved.

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    You might be able to find them on winmx

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I saw some of the Flea instructional video on KaZaA... if you can call that instructional.

7. wannabe_bassist

wannabe_bassist Guest

Jan 25, 2002
    Florida
    I have the Masters Series video featuring Flea.

The one where the now dead actor (River Phoenix?) interviews him on the tape. The actor seems "not all there"

with such tough questions like:

"...so the bass has .... like 4 strings .... so its like ... easier than guitar?"

They should have just let Flea narrate it himself and have more playing.

At least the tape didn't have 10 minutes of the teacher plucking his open strings so you can tune your bass!!!!! Hello, digital tuners, takes 60 seconds, let's move on...........duh.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My favorite part about the Flea video, aside from the fact that they are both really high, is when Flea says, "The only time I play with a pick is when I have a pick in my hand."

9. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    :meh: :D

10. Reverend Duke

Reverend Duke

Apr 3, 2003
    Someone actually put up the Jaco "Modern Bass" video, but it must need some codec I don't have, because all I get is audio....:bawl:

Anyone else have this problem?

(I know, only my 4th post, and I'm citing Jaco--pathetic :rolleyes: )

L

11. Reverend Duke

Reverend Duke

Apr 3, 2003
    found the codec!

Hey, this guy's good!

*leaves to go buy a fretless Jazz*

L