Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

downloading mp3s

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Aaron, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Hey, 2bit, do you have a cd?

2. i don't, but i think someone in the general area of my house does.

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    No, i meant, do you have a cd that you are on?

4. Still don't get where this is going...

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Well, if you did, i was going to ask if you would like people getting it for free over the internet, or if you would want someone to buy it from you.

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    As was already mentioned, the song is "I'll Be There For You" by the Rembrandts. I'm sure you can find it on MP3.com or WinMX or the like.

As far as downloading songs -- I download about a song a day and it doesn't bother me one bit. I don't feel guilty at all! The record companies have been making money off of me since I was 10 or 11-years-old and now it's time I get mine. I should buy an entire CD just so I can listen to one song? Maybe the companies wouldn't have this problem if they pushed bands to put out better music. I am sure all of us have bought a disc based on one killer song and then got it home to find out that that song is the best one on the disc, or that that one song is not even an accurate representation of what that band normally plays.

On a more factual note: Most bands don't make tons of money on CD sales, they make it from concert and merchandise sales -- all of which are helped by exposure. In essence, it doesn't matter how someone is exposed to someone's music, just that they are. I would love it if someone was downloading my band's stuff -- might eventually translate into more people at my gigs and more money and exposure for me and mine in the long run. Unngh!

7. thread split. it's like amputation. save the healthy one, let the other half fester.

-dance :cool: