Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

downloading off You Tube

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Linas, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    There are several videos on You Tube that i would like to download. Does anyone know if this is possible?

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Not sure - I know Google just made it possible with their service.

On the other hand, Youtube is slow...:-/

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
  4. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What videos do you want?

-Mike

6. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    i was checking out the weather report/jaco vids. Im sure there is a weath of other stuff i want. I want to put them on my ipod.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Nice choice. I have never been to that site. Are the videos of good quality?

-Mike

8. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Link please!

You may find that the videos are on your hard disk once you've played them through... in IE, go Tools - Internet Options, then click the Settings button followed by View Files. If you click at the top of the "Type" column it makes searching thorugh the list for video files easier. Anything you see in here can be copied and pasted to the folder where you'd normally keep this sort of stuff.

9. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    the videos are not the best of quality, but i figure on my video ipod, since they display is small, it will not be horrible.

as for a link, just go to www.youtube.com and search either Jaco Pastorius or Weather Report. You will have to seed out videos your not looking for but its not hard since they provide an image of the vid.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sweet. I'm going to roll over there and scope it out. I'll tell them Linas sent me. Thanks!

-Mike