Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Downsizing my rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fretmeister, Dec 13, 2005.

1. fretmeister

fretmeister

Sep 9, 2005
    I currently run the following:

Bass (2 output customised Status) into...

Output 1 HIGHS / FX: Dod Envelope Filter > Morley Dual Bass Wah > Behringer rack compresser > Ampeg SVP BSP > [loop: Chorus / Flanger / EQ] > Hartke HA3500 > Marshall VBC 4x12

Output 2 (Lows) Behringer Rack compressor > Ashdown MAG400 (red one) > Marshall VBC 4x12.

For the best reason in the world (baby on the way!!!! :hyper: ) I'm downsizing the cabs to make room for nursery stuff and would like your opinions on replacement cabs.

I am very tempted with an Ashdown Mini 15 and Mini 48 for lows and highs respectively, but am also considering an Aguilar 1x12 instead of the Mini 48.

What do you guys reckon?

And what do you think I could get for the Marshalls? I think they are only a custom order now - I guess 4x12s are a bit 'old-skool' for most bassists these days.

My budget for new cabs will be influenced by what I get for the Marshalls.

All opinions gratefully received!

thanks

2. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I also have downsized my rig with a baby on the way. I went to a PodXT, an Acoustic Image Focus SA power amp, and a Bergantino HT112 cab. I don't have the amp yet (I'm using a Peavey from the store until it comes) but the rest of the rig sounds great. The best part is that it will weigh under 50 pounds and the footprint is just a little over a square foot.

I know that's not what you are looking at, but it does give you an idea of how much you can downsize and still have a very gigable rig.

Good luck with the baby...we're due in April.

3. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    [​IMG]

2 8's

slammin

20 lb cabinet

4. fretmeister

fretmeister

Sep 9, 2005
    Great news!! June for us. Can't wait! (except for the getting rid of amps thing!! ;) )