Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DP Custom 5 string for sale/trade $400

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bassdr, Jun 22, 2003.

1. I am selling my back-up bass. It's an early DP custom 5 string. I got this bass in trade last year and sent it back to Dave Pushic (DP) and recently got a beautiful burled maple top and headstock overlay put on it, got the action set and hardware changed out to black. Dave did a nice job, there is no doubt that this is truly a handmade bass. On the burled top the finish shows the burl imperfections as it has a rubbed tung oil finish, it's really cool. The previous owner had also had a metal piece installed on the upper horn to even the weight out, I had Dave remove this and fill the holes and put a strap button higher up on the body instead. If you want to see any of these things in detail, e-mail for pictures. The specs, 35" scale, mahogany body with maple burl top, maple inset/glued neck with single truss rod. Chechen fingerboard, black hardware, mighty mite soapbars, passive, two volumes and single tone.

Dave Pushic himself can probably answer any questions I can't as he recently did the redo. See his site: dpcustom.com

$400, no case but I will pack lovingly and double box. I will ship UPS insured and will notify the buyer of costs after we exchange info.

I would only be interested in trades for six string basses or an Epifani cabinet.

Check my ebay feedback if you like (slpricemd)

Here's some pics

2. Full pic

3. Headstock

4. New price, $350!!!!