Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DP Custom Guitar Experiences?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JFIBSI, Aug 30, 2002.

1. JFIBSI

JFIBSI

Aug 30, 2002
    I'm a <<gasp>> guitar player, but believe this is the best place to ask this question...

Does anyone out there have any first hand experiences and observations to make regarding DP custom guitars?. I know he's noted for his basses.

I've made my decision and sent Dave a deposit in July for a guitar based on a bit of research, but mostly based on intuition, blind trust, pricing and prayer.

Dave couldn't supply me with local references (NY metro area) for any customers, so I'm trauling for feedback.

I should say that he has been quite responsive to my questions, and I'm feeling positive about his attitude toward his craft as evidenced by those emails and postings here.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    this would do better over in misc.

after all, even though we know a guitar really is a wussy little miniature bass, we like to keep the guitar and bass questions seperate ;) :D (j/k.)

3. I know talkbass user "Gustomatic" is in a band in which the guitarist is having a DP made, or has a DP guitar (if it's done). you may want to search his name (gustomatic) and send him an email. maybe he can get you in contact with his guitarist.

My DP custom 5 (bass) has been awesome. I've had it for 6 months now.

good luck :)