Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DP Custom is DONE!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nate 0 jt, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Feast your eyes on the newest member of my family...Man I am excited!!!

2. Seven knobs, two switches and six strings? wow, man, you've got your hands full:D Looks nice. Be sure to give us a review

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Nice!
    Where are the strap buttons?

If it's at the upper horn it must be neck-heavy.
    How did you solve this?

4. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Hey....... nice bass
    how does it sound???????

The cross on the 12th(I guess) fret looks cool

5. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    When are you getting it?
    Please tell me how yours plays.
    And, a little detail on the knobs please.
    I assume you have a Piezo there..

6. 3 words...maximum tonal possibilities!

What can I say, I'm a knob-tweeker!

7. well the picture I wanted to post was too big and I can't make it any smaller.... the knobs on the left are all independant pickup volumes... the switches are for the bartolini triple coils... the middle pickup is a bartolini single coil... the bottom three knobs on the right the follow the outline of the body are a 3 band EQ... the top one is master volume...the knobs are made of walnut which is what the body is made out of...I think Dave did a great job... He was very helpful and he even put up with all my nit-picking!! review is coming as soon as I get it... Nate M

8. Looks great! It's a very cool thing to see your design become "real".

Congratulations! Let us know how it sounds.

Jeff

9. as i write this i await the UPS man, maybe tommarrow around 12 at night ill have a chance to put it down and write a review!! Nate

10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

nate - I'm happy for you......but just a friendly suggestion - why don't you wait until the honeymoon is over and get really familiar with it before reviewing it? Bass Player takes gear to several gig before reviewing it.

I know you're excited, but your review will be more credible to others if they know you've got a little mileage on it. Continuing this thread with your initial reaction might be a good way to handle it. I'd definitely look to see what you think initially.

Just my 2 cents.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Due to my mothers (yes, At 17, she still has a hodl of me...) concern about my ability to manage funds, I have been forced to hold off on that DP of mine for at least 8 monthes. Stupid Eden Rig setting me back...

Oh well, at least I have something to play with untill I get my way (i.e. get a lotta dough)...

Nate, you are really lucky. That thing is awsome. Like a mutant Gibson SG...I like it a lot...

12. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    We are waiting MAn!!!
    At least write about your first impressions, Looks, finish, detailing, sound , etc etc.

PLEAAAAAASEEEEEEE

13. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Knob/Switchomania!! :eek:

14. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    7 knobs! Wow!

Nice bass, I like the shape. I particularly like the cross inlay. If you don't mind, post a quality wav file of the tone of your bass, so that we can get an idea of how it sounds.

Congratulations! It's your own signature bass! :)

15. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Not bad... How's the balance?

Where did you get it done? I've been thinking of getting a custom job done for awhile, but haven't the slightest idea where to begin.

16. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    We are STILL WAITING.
    Please post your firs impresions!!

17. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    hey man... Did you got killed or what?
    Are you so happy with the bass you cant put it down yet to write in here?

18. i am taking rickbass1's suggestion and waiting till I get to know the bass a little more till I go writing a review... I am still in the process of getting "better aquianted" with it! Review is coming in the next few days, I promise... Just a few things to hold you over till then.. I like what I hear/play so far... no major problems ( knobs loose from shipping... already fixed) really does sound good though...till next time... nate

19. Congrats Nate. That thing is a beauty. I couldn't have phathomed something of such beauty myself.

20. So the bass has 3 seperate pickup volumes , a master volume, 3 band eq, and the switches are for coil selection (on the front & back pickups)... dying to see your review - I don't think I have enough brain power to manage it, but it's a very nice looking bass.