DP custom on eBay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by K-Frog, Jul 9, 2002.

1. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    Alrighty now, did a fine TBer snag the DP 5 on Ebay yesterday morning for $350? Why I hesitated, I don't know. 5 piece neck, walnut looking wings(neckthrough obviously), beautiful bass and all I have to show for it is a sick feeling that I didn't BIN on it. Anybody else see it?
  2. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    You talking about a Pushic? I can't seem to find it...
    got linx?
  3. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
  4. craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    i didn't see that one. $350 is a great deal!

oh well. :mad:
  5. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    man, I would have bid on it if i had seen it.. oh well.. good deal man. sweet looking bass too
  6. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Yep, looks like somebody scored.
    A tag line like CUSTOM WIDE 5-STRING NECK THRU will escape most of my standard searches apparently. Couldn't the guy have put "BASS" in there somewhere?!
    Of course, over 200 people did see it, so maybe I should browse the whole catagory more...
  7. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    As a 5 player, I search the Bass category with "5-string" as my criteria.
  8. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    I don't try to hard to second-guess what the sellers will title the auction. If I'm looking at basses in general, I use "bass" in my search.

If I'm looking for Magnepan, I don't bother to search for "Magnapan" (if they have the speaker, they can read the friggin' label! :) ).

Sure I probably miss some deals this way but that's life.

You can always say "search title and description" though to make sure words like "bass" (which had BETTER be in the description!!) get snagged.
  9. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I don't know... I've seen several Pushics and I don't think $350 is that good of a deal. If it doesn't fall apart it might be an OK deal.
  10. :eek: I'm guessing you aren't a DP fan?
  11. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    It's amazing what a halfway decent pic will do for a bass:) That one close up looks TEN TIMES better than any of the shots on Dave's website. I really think better pictures would get the point that these are quality basses across better.

Oh, except Peter Parker. Did you have any experience with a DP Custom? I'm curious to hear.

12. DP Custom

DP Custom DP Custom Basses

Feb 7, 2001
    NC, USA
    From ther size of the lower horn, I'd say it was an early model..
    I also note it's been modified...I never make back plates that large! Wonder what's been done in the control cavity to warrant that..

DAve P.
  13. Wish I would have seen that one. For those fellow DP custom posters, Dave shipped mine yesterday, I should (with luck) have it by weeks end, I will post more in the Appropriate thread.

I too am curious Peter Parker, whats' with the implied slam on DP Custom Basses, have a bum experience, or just prefer mass produced products?

Best Wishes,
    DR Burkowitz
  14. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    being that i know what he plays(mass produced products....ha!) i completely trust his opinion.
  15. Thanks for the email Peter Parker.

I respect your opinion

Let's hope the best for all

Best Wishes,
    DR Burkowitz