1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DP Custom Single Cut 7 String Fretless MUST SEE!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Sold (pending clearing of eCheck) to rnlytton!

2003 DP Custom fretless 7: Very nice bass. Walnut back, Burl maple top. maple purple heart 7 piece neck, ebony fb. Quad Coil Barts with Bart preamp. More Mwah than any other fretless I've owned. 35" scale.

As with all DP's it has some minor quirks on the finishing, but I assure you it plays GREAT (sounds great too). By "quirks", I mean the pickup pocket edges are not sanded 100%, still a litte excess glue on a couple of joints which could be sanded more, etc. THe bass still looks great, plays great and sounds great. If only Dave (owner of DP) would take the extra hours to just to the minor finishing, etc to make it a "10".

Because of this, I'm going to give this one away for $999! This is a several thousand dollar bass and plays and sounds like one. This includes the case. First come, first serv on this one. Put up or shut up! ;) :p :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    WOW!

3. PDubs

PDubs

Aug 22, 2006
    NYC
    That is sweet looking. I'm pretty sure that I'd hurt myself trying to play that though.

4. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    I'm guessing the knobs are for a 3 band EQ and volume... what exactly do the switches do?

5. Quadzilla

The two little ones are coils taps for each pickup and the larger switch is a mid-frequeny shift/switch. Two two knobs are volume and blend. Bottom three are treble, mid and bass...

6. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    oh snap! This is very tempting...!

7. distrot

distrot

Mar 26, 2007
    is delivery to Canada a problem

8. Quadzilla

Not an issue.... PM me

9. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Jeez, that bass looks clean in the pics, almost like it was never gigged at all ..... DP does make some good looking stuff ....

What is the string spacing? 18mm? Any idea on the weight?

Interesting .....

10. Hey -

Did you get this from DR Burkowitz? It looks familiar.....

If so was interested back then...

11. Quadzilla

Yep this is the one.... I'll have to get back to everyone on the spacing, weight, etc (I'm at work right now). I have several PM's on this one but nobody putting up the cash just yet. As stated in the first post here, first with the cash, gets her!

12. I have enough problems with a 5-string fretless! This one looks killer! Someone is getting a steal...

13. Quadzilla

18 mm spacing. As for weight, my bathroom scale is digital, but truly sucks and tells me a different weight everytime I get on it (not good for diets ;) ), so I can't say for sure, but she does not feel terribly heavy for a 7. I'm guessing 11ish lbs or so...

14. Quadzilla

Sold (pending clearing of eCheck) to rnlytton!

15. alexlotta

alexlotta

Jul 1, 2005
    Triest,italy
    congratulations!
    I was looking at that page (and at Usps international and blah blah)
    100 times ,constantly messing my mind between "Yes i do"" and back.

Hope The guy will enjoy .
    Thanks to the kind Quad for prompt answers ,i hope to be one of His "Tb-uyers" soon!