Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DP Custom

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    i just got on their site.....holy **** i want one. an affordible way to be different. anyway, i was thinking a 6 string with mohagany body and a 5 piece neck of some sort. are the stock pickups on the 6 good at all? if not, id go with barts. id like to know how much this would cost, cos i posted best 6 under 700$, but if i really wanted to could spend up to 1000$. if this would be under 1000$ i have my new bass picked out

2. I just posted a picture of the body to my dp custom. It is a six string with walnut body, a purpleheart top. custom string spacing(W I D E) 2 bartolini triple coils with 3 way switches. and one double coil between them. Bartolini 3 band eq, independant pickup volumes and a master volume. The neck is wenge-maple-wenge-maple-wenge, i have a truss rod and 2 carbon fiber reiforcements and a SKB case. Some may say i over killed it with the pickups, but i like to have maximum tonal possiblities right at my fingertips and that neck isnt going anywhere with those reinforcments. Good thing though is that i didnt have to sell my soul to get it. It really is a fair price for the customer. Thats what won me over, plus i went down and visted his shop and let me tell you something, those pictures on his website give his work no credit whatsoever. He is very talented and it shows in his basses.

I highly recommend him.

Nate M

3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    if you dont mind....how much was it?

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Just email Dave Pushic with your questions and he'll answer them right away. He is very helpful and is the kind of guy that will bend over backwards for you.

5. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    thanks...i did, like 20 mins ago

6. You wanna hear overdoing the electronics?

2 Bart triplecoils, each with volume and 3 way switch (single coil, series, parallel)

A piezo equiped bridge, with it own volume

18 volt 3 band EQ

Passive/Active switch

Passive tone control (defeatable when active)

Mute switch

:D

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Uh...Tallguy...that's pretty much my electronics for my DP... No mute switch, but check this:

(on a 6)
    Two Triple Coils, 3 way toggle for each each with individual volume pots
    Piezo bridge with individual volume pot
    Active/Passive toggle,
    18v 3 band EQ
    Mid Center switch (250, 500, 800hz)

6 pots, 4 switches, with 18vs of Power...the Harness is a Bart HR- 5.3...

8. I did forget the stacked mid knob with the frequency chifter, I knew I forgot something. I just like switches, but who doesnt? :D

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Whop doesn't like switches/buttons? Really...look at watches, Palm Pilots, Submarines and Jets...all pretty much based around the love of buttons/switches...and in the case of the latter, blowing stuff up!

Stacked Mid?...Man, I just don't dig stacked knobs, so I have six indiviudal pots. Though, I am putting though into stacking the Mid shifter, so that I can have in/out of phase switch...though I'm probably not.