Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DP Cystom on ebay...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    isnt that bass someone here's? didnt they just get it too?

2. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Dunno who owns it but it looks really uncomfortable for gigging. hehe

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yeah, it is the one that someone just got a little while ago. Can't remember who though.........

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    That is TB user nate 0 jt's bass. I can't help but think back on what Dave P himself just said in a recent thread: just remember the old saying :"Be careful what you ask for, as you just may get it!"

Also in the For Sale section on this site: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=31543

5. yeah, I think he had a problem with neck diving. he made that shape himself, and without an extened upper horn on a 6 string.....:(

I posted a couple weeks or so ago in a thred he made about neck diving. I said to go to bunnybass.com in the tips section. they had some really good tips for neck/head heavy basses. but, I guess it was too late.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    ...It might be advertised in the TalkBass "For Sale" Classifieds!

Maybe someone should look! :D

7. you guys have all mentioned neck diving.. anybody know about the weight of purpleheart? i've only seen it used in neck laminates or for fretless/fretted fingerboards on Elrick and Roscoe basses... never for a body. it seems odd matching it with walnut. wouldn't something heavier like bubinga or zebrawood help stabilize the balance?

8. Actually purpleheart is quite a dense wood. It is used for fingerboards, which would seem to substantiate what I've read, as you don't usually (ever) see lightweight woods used on a fingerboard. However, if there isn't enough of the wood it really can't counterbalance a heavy or even not so heavy neck/headstock.

Geoff

9. yeah, it's a really dense wood. purpleheart is great for fretless. i guess my question had more to do with the mass of the wood itself and if a heavier body wood might have made a difference....