1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DP123's + Fender Jaguar Wiring....HELP!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SimplemanBB450, May 5, 2010.

1. So I’m considering upgrading my pickups to the Dimarzio Model J (DP123's) with doing some slight modifications to the wiring, I am not sure if it is possible or not. I have asked around and currently have an email in with Tech Support @ Dimarzio to see what they're suggestion is. I am asking here on TB because I’d like to see if anyone has already done this or not. Onto my mission....

My goal is to maintain all of the switches that are currently on the Jag with the slight change with the Master Volume & Master Tone. I would like to combine these two pots into 1 stacked pot and use the open port (nearest to Jack) as a Blending Pot. Also with the DP123's I’d like to drill small holes into the control plate and add, what i would believe to be as, two two-position toggle switches to put each individual pickup in Series / Parallel of each other. I did see a video on YouTube where someone did something similar to this but they didn't post much info on how they achieved this. My hope is to have the 3-toggle switches on the lower horn to be used essentially as, on / off switches for the neck and bridge pickup and the third for series / parallel for the entire neck pickup and bridge pickup.

If anyone has any experience with this and can advise on whether this will work or not, it would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone can point out or provide a wiring schematic of how this would be done, thats would be great! I am open to criticism if that what i am looking for is just too far out there to be done. As the Jag is my main bass and prolly will be for sometime to come, I’m looking to enhance the bass without substituting its originality. Thanks for all your input.. :help:

2. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    +1 on all of the above