1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DPDT wiring question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BassLife77, Nov 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BassLife77

BassLife77

Nov 13, 2009
    San Diego
    Been wiring for years but can't figure this out. The pots are throwing me off. I've been using this diagram to wire a DPDT On-On-On switch as series/bridge/parallel. The middle setting is bridge only. Now I want wire the same switch as series/neck/parallel. The middle setting will be neck only. I want to use the neck pot to control the series and neck volume. what wires do I have to move around?

Attached Files:

2. After taking a look at that, it would appear you've got a switch like this:

upload_2017-11-27_22-11-50.

So, all you need to do is swap the top two set of terminals from left to right.

This is assuming that UP is the Series position...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    BassLife77 likes this.
  3. BassLife77

BassLife77

Nov 13, 2009
    San Diego
    I finally got around to wiring it and it worked. Your solution was the first thing that popped in my head but I overthought it and made it more complicated. This is for a PJ Foley-style lead bass with a FET buffer. Thanks!

Killed_by_Death likes this.