1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dr. Amp: What fried my GK800-RB?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by function, Nov 27, 2006.

1. function

function

Sep 7, 2005
    Works perfectly all through practice and then, next practice, it won't power up at all. I've gone through all sorts of cables, power cables, different outlets, and changing out the fuse and nothing works. When the switch is flipped, absolutely nothing happens. I popped it open to see if there were any outward signs of damage but I couldn't see any fried parts or anything like that. It was working perfectly for as long as I can remember until this - any ideas? could this be a costly one?

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Neither amp works?

I trust that you checked the volume controls to make sure that one didn't accidently get turned all the way down.

And you tried more than one instrument...right? And more than one cabinet (even if you have to plug in the guitarist's cabinet just to check the amp out)?

3. function

function

Sep 7, 2005
    nope, every variable was checked and double checked.

no juice to the thing at all

4. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    an amp i got from "the trash" had a loose connection running to (or from) the fuse harness.

easy check, easy fix.

just a thought.

5. Was the fuse blown? Does the power lamp light up?