Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dr Bass 1260 for 5 string?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Doug Parent, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Anybody have this cabinet loaded with the standard ceramic Delta 12LF driver? (not the NEO) How strong is the B string? What tweeter do you have in it? Would you buy it again? Any other small 12" cab in the same price range worth considering? (Let's exclude EA, Berg and Epif for a minute) Thanks in advance. -Doug

2. Juddium

Juddium

May 24, 2004
    I haven't used much for high-end speakers with a 5-string, but I do have this cab and a 5 string. The B actually comes out just as strong as the E does. Not too sure which tweeter is in it, I just got the standard 1260 - I would probably buy it again, it blows me away (although I would definately try out some other stuff next time before going on a prayer and a word). Mine is the birch. Would like to see what his 2120 is like.

Haven't tried anything else really, except old big bass speakers that my high school and church used and my cousin's Hartke 15" aluminum combo.