1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dr.Bass 210 - any wizzy users try this one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basss, Mar 26, 2006.

1. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    I'm considering a 210 to use in place of my EA wizzy on some of my loud but small/medium gigs that I do. The wizzy is a great cab but I'm finding that it doesn't really have the presence that I would like with the louder bands that I play with.

Portability is a big factor for me and the two cabs I'm looking at are the EA NL-210 and the Dr Bass BL 210 neo. Theres alot of info around here about the EA cab and it seems great but the thought of dropping $1K for a bass cab seems a little crazy. The Dr Bass cab looks good but there hasn't been too much said about it here. I've read Tombowlus's posts about it but would like to hear more.

How does the Dr Bass do as a stand alone cab?
    How does it compare to the wizzy?
    I've heard Dr Bass is slow to fill orders. Anyone know what the current lead time is?

2. ChrisdFlip

ChrisdFlip

Feb 4, 2006
    USA
    I'm in the same boat. I had been looking at getting a 210 from Dr.Bass but after reading some threads/posts I've decided to go with a 210 from LowDownSound.