1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dr. Bass 212 w/3-slot "airhead" and luggage wheels

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bigfatbass, Apr 24, 2006.

1. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    Who wants the killer 212 do-it-yourself combo from hell?
    1000 a 4ohms

[​IMG]

Amazing sounding cab, many of you already know the story of my troubles getting it, the 2 flite cabs I bought, and why I'm choosing not to keep the Dr. bass. Top of their line 212 with tilt back luggage wheels and a top mounted spring handle for easy rolling in and out of the gig with a 3 space "airhead" (rack space) built into the top. Bottom line, it is a first class piece of gear that sounds even better than I expected, especially coming in at only 63 lbs! After all the fuss with Dr. Bass it just feels like bad karma to me and I don't want it in my house. I'm into it for around $580, but the first offer of cash, or a bass related object I am interested in, worth around $400 (plus actual shipping) gets it.

Things I'm most interested in for a trade would be 5 string fretless basses (lined preferrably), bass pre-amps and power-amps, gui**** amps, hell, I'll even bite on the right gui****. It's the best sounding 212 I've ever owned and I can't seem to get rid of it, lol!
    More pics available on request.

2. dsidab81

dsidab81

Feb 29, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    PM sent....

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Sure are a few Dr. Bass cabs on the market. Bumpage.

4. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    PM sent

5. Not any more than one sees of Aguilar GS112's from time to time. That happens more often than Dr.Basses being for sale.

6. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    I've seen some of those Dr Bass sales going on, lol. I swear most of them are a dudepitter selling a pile of 112s, though. ;)

If it wasn't for the bad karma I would not be parting with this. It's not like Dr. Bass is evil, we just had a VERY difficult business transaction. Part of me just wants to take the tags off and keep it, but I'd rather just cut the cord and be done with it. Shame. It really is a great box for the money, but I feel crappy every time I look at it. If you really want the whole story, PM me and I'll fill you in.

Dr. Bass also stiffed me on the return shipping for the damaged cab all of you warned me he would stiff on. Lesson learned. Here's a beautiful unplayed Dr. Bass 212 you can pick up without having to wait through 6 months+ of excuses.

PMs replied to, thanks for the interest guys!

7. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Hey!! I resemble that remark!! :D

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    you got pm, thanks...

9. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    PMs replied to, thanks for the offers but no finals so far.

10. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    On hold for sir Chef

11. Bassin' 'Round

Bassin' 'Round Banned

Apr 30, 2005
    Dr. Bass cabs = nicely performing stuff (after you finally get it). ;)

Marc Serio (Dr. Bass) = poor, not on the up & up businessman. :spit:

Good luck with the sale. Like you say, no need to go through all the agony on the box you have available. It's ready to ship immediately.

12. Pushrod

Pushrod

Dec 19, 2006
    Peoria Il, USA
    Can you tell me the dimensions of that cab?

13. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    2006 thread