1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dr Bass 2460 and 115

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bassman10096, May 6, 2010.

1. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    I know I'm going to regret letting these guys go. Each cab is 4 ohms (a great 2 ohm stack). These are great cabs, about 4 years old, gigged but well taken care of. Never let me down in any way. Built very solid and the LineX bedliner coating is indestructible. Willing to sell either singly, but will give a break to sell the stack. In a perfect world, I'd keep them, but I came into a pair of Mesas that suit me fine and can't afford to keep the funds tied up. SOLD

2460 - Upgraded to Kappalites (3012LF) last summer. Lightened the load a bit. Nice crisp sound with good punch. Two 12's, a 6" and a horn. The cabinet is one of the first 2460s Marc built, so the label says 2260, but it has the 6" mid that makes it a 2460 and gives it so much dimension. Like the earlier ones, it only has the attenuator for the horn, not the separate knob for the mid speaker. If interested, will sell the original Delta and Delta LF that came with the cab (they sounded good too) for an additional $50 (pair) plus shipping. SOLD

115 - Kappa (Ceramic) with a horn (w/attenuator). A very nice 115. I'm amazed at how much air this guy moves without a hint of a fart. SOLD

Individually or as a stack, these cabs are unbeatable. These cabs, bought new would cost $978 for the pair. Plus -- Just try getting ahold of new ones!

$575 OBO for the pair or $425 OBO for the 2460 and $250 OBO for the 115. Prefer local - I'm in Milwaukee - Willing to drive as far as Madison or Chicago. Otherwise, shipping's on you (no BS or added costs). Paypal is preferred.

If you need more info on cab specs - check drbasscabs.com SOLD BOTH -- THANKS for LOOKING

Attached Files:

2. bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Here's a couple more :bassist:

3. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! In Memoriam

Free bump for ya!!

I use a pair of 2460's as my main rig....and I will testify that they are some of the finest cabs out there...bar none!

4. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I'll also bump you! My slab rig is a 2460 stacked on top of a 1580. Great sounding cabs! :D Too bad about the company that produced 'em. :spit:

5. bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Thanks for the kind words, bump. I must be crazy to let these two cabs go, but I really want to stay with my new M-Pluse, which can't handle a 2 ohm load...

6. bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Bump before the weekend bump.

7. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    PM sent

8. bassman10096