1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dr. Bass 3x10 cracked

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vivaknoxvegas, Jul 18, 2007.

1. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I have the RX model. At band practice last night I noticed a crack between the front trianglar port and the right most speaker. I don't know how it could have happened other than shipping a few months back but I never noticed it until now. The cab has not moved since I took it out of the box.

Also I had a terrible buzz coming from that cab. I could control it by totally cutting the horn but then the cab really sounded dull. I don't know if the horn blew or if it's related to the crack.

I took pictures and e-mailed Marc this morning and he is working on building me a replacement. He is really great to work with.

I had just gotten my sound going with this new rig... tube amp, nice new cab, flats on my p-bass, and now this setback. Anyway, I just needed to share. I feel a little better now.

2. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    Wow, that is too bad. The good thing is, all you'll be out is some time till the new cab arrives. Glad to hear Marc is taking care of you! Do you have a backup cab you can use until the replacement arrives?

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Unfortunately damage like that happens from time to time with shipping. I had an Aguilar that arrived direct from the factory with shipping damage, right out of the box. They were great about replacing it, and that's the important thing.

Kudos to Marc for quicly agreeing to build an entire new cab for you.

4. vivaknoxvegas

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah, I couldn't be more pleased with Dr. Bass overall. Stuff happens, glad he's making it right. I do have a backup 2x12 so I can continue to limp along.

5. vivaknoxvegas

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I tried using just the 2x12 and it's giving me problems too now. At least I think it's the cab. I ran it from my 8ohm jack on the Mesa 400 and I was getting like a farty static sound on most low notes and some random higher notes. It was like a bad distortion sound. I talked to Marc about this and he is replacing this cab also, which is great.

I'm wondering now though if there is any way this could be an amp/tube problem. It wasn't all the time though (every note).

6. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    That's too bad, man. I can't help you with troubleshooting the amp, but try another amp with the cab if you can. Try to isolate the problem to the the cab, head, or cords.

Good to see Marc is taking care of you.