Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Dr.Bass BL1260 Sale/Trade

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Michael Vee, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004 Dr.Bass BL1260 cab.

Birch box, expanded rear panel with two speakon and two 1/4" input. Tough synthetic coating on cabinet- not carpeted.

From the drbasscabs.com website:
    "500 watt 3 way cabinet
    1x12" 500 watt woofer (Delta 12LF), 150 watt 6" mid range w/horn
    Hand wired 3-way X-over w/HF level control
    45HZ to 20kHZ 101 dB 1W1M
    8 ohms
    16.25"h x 20.75"w x 15"d
    47 lbs"

I bought this cabinet a year ago from Scotius2001, the original owner. When I received it, I kept hearing a buzz inside. The crossover board was broken in three corners. Marc Serio sent me a brand new, higher quality board, which I installed, and everything's fine.

Since I have had the cab, I've gigged it twice on music theatre shows at very low volumes. Otherwise, it's been right here in my studio. Excellent condition.

The cab sounds great, has a nice midrange emphasis due to the 3-way config. Sounds fantastic coupled with a 15" or an 18". Marc Serio likes this cab on top of a BL115. I was going to do the BL1260/BL115 route, but I've changed direction because I bought a Bag End S15D-X and am going to go to a Bag End stack.

Marc is selling these nowadays for $439 + shipping. Remember it takes a while to get a new Dr.Bass cab these days because of their popularity.

I'm asking $325, Paypal preferred, plus shipping via UPS. Will also trade even for a recent model Bag End S15D (non-coax) in very good to excellent condition.

[​IMG]

2. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    is it carpeted?

3. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    If only this was a Neo version. It would have been a great way to complement the one I have on order (and will supposedly will be getting next week!)

4. Triclops- Carpet- uh, no. All Dr.Bass cabinets have the synthetic hard coating on the cabs.

Dave- This cab does have the Delta LF 12". Even so, it's not that much heavier than it would be with a neo, and is easy to carry with the big round side handles. I've carried it several times with one hand.

With the Deltalite II speakers now being available, one could easily swap out the drivers, if desired.

Personally, I'd just leave it the way it is. It sounds great.

5. Hmm...I might be in the market in a few months...

6. Okay, I see this sale by Diaper Geni . and I see people like Tom Bowlus endorsing Geni's Rx cabs- NOT the BL cab I'm selling for not much more, and I got a little bit pissed.

Fellow bass players- I'm selling the BL 1260 cab- it's NOT an RX cab- which is made of MDF or whatever that synthetic glued-together wood fiber stuff is. The BL series are made of Baltic birch. The BLs also have the full connector plate- with two 1/4" inputs and two Speakon inputs.

Moreover, the RX 112 has a 12" and a horn tweet. The 1260 has a full-blown 3-way crossover, and a 6.5" Eminence midrange. It is a far superior cabinet to the RX 112.

I want to sell this cabinet- shoot me a PM. I just reduced the price $25 last week. Let's roll on this.

7. Another bump, because yesterday was my birthday, and by God, I deserve it. ;)

8. If only it was 4 ohms...

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    FWIW, the cabs that I was pumping (and which I formerly owned) are NOT Rx cabs - nor are they BL cabs. They were two custom one-offs (made from birch, BTW), and my endorsement came from my personal experience with those cabs. I have never played a BL1260, though knowing Marc and his products, I am sure that it is an excellent piece.

Tom.

10. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    My bad, Tom. I thought they were custom Rx cabs, as they have the same outer dimensions as the Rx line. I've had a lot of questions on the topic of construction materials. My original post must not be too clear. If I get moment, I'll Edit the original post.

FWIW, I'm not trying to take any potential buyers away from you, MichaelVee. Just trying to sell these(my) cabs to fund other GAS. Also, having now owned some of the Dr. Bass products, I have no doubt the 1260 is a great cab, and the price is right. I've been eyeing that bad boy myself! Darn GAS!!

11. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    For what it's worth,i have a BL 1260,these cabs are built
    like a brick s--t house!! i'll put mine up against accugrove,
    eppi,bergs,anytime;if you order one of these new your looking at about 3-4 months for delivery,and michael has one here
    now cheap,there probably won't be another 1260 here
    anytime soon,this is a great stand alone cab in my experience!

cheers
    Larry

12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    No problem, perhaps I wasn't clear enough before in my discussions with you. The exterior dimensions are all that they share in common with the Rx line. The materials, components, design, tuning, etc. are all custom and are all of equal or higher quality to that of the BL line.

Tom.

13. Local sale pending.

14. Nooooo!

15. Sold! To a very pleased ldervish.

Thank you, Larry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.