Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dr bass cab finally on the way!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spockrock79, Apr 22, 2005.

1. spockrock79

spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    NC
    after 2 and a half months, my cab is finally on the fed ex truck :hyper: too bad i'm going to see my girlfriend this weekend. do you guys think taking a 212 cab and mag300 to my girl's apt is too much for the weekend?

2. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    absolutely, if you value that relationship leave the gear at home. Only thing that compares to new gear is a new girlfriend. Dr Doug-Out :)

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    It depends. Do you want to keep both gear and girlfriend? If so, then to quote the Offspring, "You gotta keep 'em seperated!" ;)

Congrats on a great cab, though! Let us know how you like it!

Tom.

4. spockrock79

spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    NC
    yeah, she's a keeper...so i suppose the cab must be left at the house...one cool thing though...she knows i've been waiting months for the cab, she offered to drive us to myrtle beach to pick it up this weekend. having a girlfriend who understands my lust for gear is definitely worth holding onto...

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well that is very excellent! Of course, I am sure that she would appreciate you spending time with her, instead of your new cab - especially if you don't get to see each other on a regular basis.

Remember, if the lady ain't happy, nobody's happy! :p Reminding myself of this truism has helped me greatly throughout the years (and it's my 10 year anniversary today! :hyper: ).

Have a great weekend, Tom.

6. spockrock79

spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    NC
    true, i spend about every weekend with her, i'm passing up a band opportunity with one of my best friends for that right now, but she's more than worth it...only one more yr of grad school for her so we'll get through it...my bad bass playin and all...

the 212 is my first foray into head+cab territory so I'm quite excited by the possibilities. i think it will be very well suited for any situation i can see myself playing in. i don't really think it'll be my last purchase though...i love 12s...i kinda want to try a 210/112 set up too...kinda bad that i haven't even tried out the dr bass yet, but am already planning my next purchase...ah well, i have too much downtime at work to cruise the bay and here...