Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dr. Bass Cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mxr255, Nov 24, 2003.

1. mxr255

mxr255 Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    You all have to check out this website

www.drbasscabs.com

I have had my Dr. Bass 1x15 for about a year and my 2x10 for about 2 monthes and I LOVE them.

The price is the first thing that turned my on when I found them on the Bay, but after talking to Marc (the owner) on the phone a bit I was hooked. They are willing to bend over backwards for anyone. Another cool fact is that Marc is a gigging bass player. I think it is great to have your stuff built by bass players and to know that he uses his own stuff for his shows.

The two cabs I have combined with my Carvin R600 (cheap power) have just blown up rooms.

Check them out and go with them. The warranty is great too. Check it out.

Matt

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What irks me with companies like that is that they don't tell you anything about the speakers they're using.

They may or may not be the next Avatar, but I won't see one anyway here in Europe, so I'm kind of indifferent anyway.

3. mxr255

mxr255 Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    I am sure the website will get much more detailed in time. He has been having a lot of problems with his Website guy so I know it has been delayed. He uses Eminence (sp?) speakers, but he told a friend of mine that he could custom order anything he wants. If you have any questions email the guy. He is nice as hell.

Matt

4. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    the site got me interested, i would definitely like to hear more about them

5. mxr255

mxr255 Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    if MP3's would do justice I would post'em, but it wouldn't. I play around 100 shows a year and I went from SWR to Dr. Bass and I liked my SWR stuff. This is just a little more punch.

6. mxr255

mxr255 Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    i just also want to point out to you all that if you want specs you could email Marc. He is very honest and willing to talk about his product.

Matt