Dr. Bass (Doctor Bass) - Customer Service Thread - Complaints & Concerns (Part II)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kelly Lee, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    The (unfortunate) second installment in the ever growing Dr.Bass saga.

Original thread here: Page 1
    Last page of original thread: Page 52

Also, if you have a Dr.Bass cab on order and haven't added yourself to the list of waiting customers, please post up here: (Doctor Bass) Dr. Bass head count for back orders

Keep the personal jabs towards fellow members and/or threats towards Marc out of it guys. BTW, that isn't a request.

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yeah, I would like to see those pics as well.

As to the search, I have tried to search back as far, and as well, as I could to edit all Dr.Bass threads to make them easier to search for. If anyone knows of one I haven't edited please let me know!

BTW, SMASH, it's good to see you posting! :cool:

3. I'll get on those photos.

4. Part II... that is not a positive thing. Well, the saga continues. I look forward to those photos, thanks Armbruster!

5. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be sure to check that thread. Of the higher end boxes, what's the concensus of 'good citizens' vs performance?

6. John Bigboote

John Bigboote Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Portland, OR
    I'm going to scratch my head for a second here... okay, I'm done.

As I said, Dr. Bass was reasonably priced, and custom builds were available. I wanted a lightweight, unloaded box for a 15" driver I had, with a spray-on coating. The Dr. had exactly what I was looking for, and it was exactly what I got. The four-month wait wasn't part of the deal. The reason this thread exists is for customers to vent, and to warn potential customers about what they're facing.

-jb

7. Bluesy Soul

Bluesy Soul Gold Supporting Member

+1. Word.

8. Bluesy Soul

Bluesy Soul Gold Supporting Member

Though it admittedly is not a complete list, I believe Andy Lewis (Acme), Jim Bergantino, Nick Epifani and Don Oatman (Low Down Sound) are all genereally considered to be straight shooters who provide quality products.

9. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    re-sub'd. again, sorry for all those waiting... it's a terrible feeling, and my heart goes out to you all.

to contribute a tad to the minor derail... LDS are a very good alternative. my order experience wasn't perfect (i can blame fedex for most of it, but shipping damage snafus and custom-built boxes that weigh 120 lbs are tricky issues to resolve), but at the end of the day they'll make sure it all gets made right. and i still play my LDS 610 every day, so it all had a happy ending.

10. rob4001va

rob4001va

Apr 1, 2007
    Northern VA
    For those, including nj fclef, considering alternatives, your fellow TB-ers started a thread here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581278 providing praise for GOOD customer service. It covers guitars, amps, and cabs, and is just a smattering, but it's a help.

We now resume your regularly scheduled broadcast....

11. DaveKirkpatrick

DaveKirkpatrick Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2007
    West Virginia
    subscribed to the continuing saga of ....
    "Where the $@#$ are my cabinets!"
    I'm not personally involved, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out in the end.

12. Thanks, man!

13. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    LDS 4-5 weeks with excellent communication.

14. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are.

Feb 11, 2008
    So. Cal.
    I've looked at DR. B cabs many times in the past and considered placing an order but now, Even after this all get straightened out, based on what's happened, I'd only pay COD.

Also, If the cabs are built and being sprayed, why do TB'rs have to have a DRB customer update everyone on the status and promise to take photos?

Even after this all get straightened out, based on what's happened, I'd only pay COD.

15. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    I hope it all ends well. However, with the plethora of other options, I would never even dream of considering an order, even for a picosecond, regardless of the root cause(s) and how the current saga unfolds.

16. coop

coop

Jun 22, 2002
    Oklahoma
    subscribed.:rollno:

17. bal704

bal704 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2004
    In the Great Southwest
    Subscribed to the show.

18. milkman-27

milkman-27

Jul 4, 2009
    subscribed

19. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    subscribed

20. Why does everybody think they have to post the word "subscribed"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.