DR. bass fans

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tbwilson, Dec 27, 2007.

1. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    Talked to Marc Serio from DR. bass about a 2x15 in 8 ohm and he said that there will be a new model called the DRB 215 that runs 900 watts at 8 ohms. it gonna run around 530 + shipping so 580 about. looks really nice, thought I'd tell ya!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Sweet! That's one sexy cab!

3. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    thats exactly what i thought so now i need to get 580 bucks then ill have a 410 and 2x15!!!!

4. oh man that is awesome...I love Marc - there are so many choices to choose from, and you know they all sound good and have great customer service.

I still want a 1580 + 1260 stack I think..with the 1260 being slanted...

5. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    o ya thats gonna rock. i'm just really excited about this because who do you knwo that makes a 8 ohm 2x15 not many people because i have been looking. not to mention im going to be purchasing a 5 sting and my 410 now really lacks low end.

6. Looks sweet. Welcome to the Dr. Bass 2x15 club! ....there are two of us. :D

My custom neo 215 w/ tweeter:

[​IMG]

...But why 8 ohm?

EDIT: actually I think that pic marc gave you might be my 215 now that I think of it. I wouldn't know how to find out but that's kinda funny.

7. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    i don't have one yet. i'm just dreaming of it.

8. Ah, well get out the club! :p

9. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    ahaha well hopefully in two months or so we can make one.

10. Marc and I were talking today about the 2x15 "beastie"!!!! Building a 2x15 sub to go with my DRB2060 would be interesting, to say the least!!!
    We built a 2x15 three way with neo's. Sounds killer!! I'll get a picture of that and post over the weekend!!!

Keep in touch!!!

Chuck

11. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    alright cool!

12. THSL

THSL

Jun 3, 2007
    New York, NY
    My 1580 with the Beyma G40 upgrade should be arriving today... I will soon join this Dr. Bass club...

:hyper::bassist::hyper:

13. Here's a pic of the CS215. The mid is a 6.5". Their should be enough room for the 8". With the neo's, it weighted about 78 lbs. Tilt back wheels and top mounted handles made moving a lot easier.

Attached Files:

14. Chuck - any chance you know if that's my 215 in the pic? Marc made it for me in '06.

15. That is one sweet looking cabinet. Do you make a 6x10 neo? I'm looking for an old school type cab to match with my Traynor yba200.

16. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    You gotta love the vertical alignment to reduce comb filtering.

Chuck you guys should do a vertical 212 too.;)

17. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    Not to mention...it just plain LOOKS better!

Asad

18. Hmm...a 2-15 cab? very nice.

I must say, I love my BL 2260/115 stack. But...maybe I could finally dump my monster Peavey 2-15 cabinet (fridge)

By the way, who is the keeper of the "Dr. Bass Club" roster? I need a member number, darn it!

Attached Files:

19. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    Chuck, what's the internal volume on that puppy?

Asad

20. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    Chuck, how much did your 2x15 cost?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021