Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dr Bass...I can hear again!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by badgrandad, Oct 11, 2004.

1. :hyper: I finally was able to use my new rig in a live performance situation and thought I'd give an update to any who have considered a new cabinet or head purchase. I bought a Dr. Bass rx 212 and a Gallien Krueger 400rb-iv and used it for a three day outdoor festival with my 7-piece band and it worked great. For the first time in years I could easily hear myself and both the drummer and guitarist complimented me on the sound and it really moved the band to one of our best perfomances ever. The sound was deep but tight and clear and could be heard all over stage without being muddy. I had the Input and master at 12 o'clock without any boost, and all the tones at 12 o'clock as well. The tweeter on the cab was at 11o'clock. The sound could be felt as well as heard and the B string on my bass never sounded this good. I never felt like I was pushing the cab or the head very hard and in fact I noticed at the end of the show that the head was barely warm. It was fun for a change!