1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

(Dr Bass/Marc Serio)-cab builder accepted >$10k in payments,never delivered gear

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff Scott, Nov 29, 2009.

1. web824

web824

Nov 1, 2016
    What is DRB?

ELG60 likes this.
  2. web824

web824

Nov 1, 2016
    What's a BLF?

3. DoctoR Bass.

web824 likes this.
  4. Never gonna happen. Hence the stickied thread warning off new TB members from engaging him. If he would contact TB management to clear his name, they would work with him to refund the wronged members, but he doesn't, so that is that.

Rumbledore, Stumbo, 12BitSlab and 2 others like this.
  5. web824

web824

Nov 1, 2016
    Duh! (on me!) Thanks

BigBobbyBass likes this.
  6. firstnamelast

firstnamelast

Jun 16, 2017
    What's this guy's name on Reverb?

7. firstnamelast

firstnamelast

Jun 16, 2017
    Cool I may make a call to Reverb too. I didn't see it in the thread but it's good to have a recent post with his details

8. portaflexer

portaflexer

Jan 31, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I called them last year after he setup the shop. They said they'd make a note on the account but couldn't stop him from selling unless there were complaints. I sent them a link to this thread.

Red Planet, GregC and firstnamelast like this.
  9. firstnamelast

firstnamelast

Jun 16, 2017
    Well all he has to do is refuse a refund 1 time and he's gone lol trust me a guy tried to do it to me once over $100. Paypal handled the cash but Reverb gave him the boot so fast, I'll admit he was pretty blatant in his messages about never giving my money back. Oh well live and learn. Fingers crossed Dr. Ass gets blacklisted eventually, he'll never admit to anything on a site like Reverb or eBay

10. firstnamelast

firstnamelast

Jun 16, 2017
    assman_zps1ikr66sj.

Pbassmanca and BadJazz like this.
  11. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005

Hmm.. No activity here in over 6 months.
    Anyone have anything to report?

12. He has a store on Reverb, and sells there occasionally.

13. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I just looked at Reverb and he had two used pieces of Behringer rack equipment and a pair of JBL home speakers for sale.

Rodslinger likes this.
  14. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Mar 13, 2013
    Upstate NY
    This guy belongs in jail.

15. nj fclef

nj fclef Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2005
    SFO/OAK/SJC (from EWR)
    bump

16. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Endorsing Artist: AlienAudio Basses
    Looks like someone tried to sue in small claims in 2011 for non delivery, but lost as the judgement was for $0.00. I would guess the statute of limitations has expired for any of these cabs.

17. Glad I came across this thread. I just bought one of his older 2x10 cabs with the built in rack mount off someone on Kijiji and was tempted to contact him regarding it, as I am modifying it a bit. I like the cab, for the most part, but they really shouldn't have laid the sound dampening material over the back of the L-pad, which overheated to the point of the plastic melting on the pot shaft. As far as Reverb goes, my registration on that site lasted for about an hour, after reading reviews I immediately un-registered. Far better places to shop for gear online.

18. BigBasserino

BigBasserino

Apr 30, 2017
    Hard to believe this thread has been going nearly a decade without this guy taking any real positive action.

Rodslinger likes this.
  19. nj fclef

nj fclef Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2005
    SFO/OAK/SJC (from EWR)

Nope. Forever to be known as a douche bag.

Rodslinger likes this.