1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

(Dr Bass/Marc Serio)-cab builder accepted >$10k in payments,never delivered gear

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff Scott, Nov 29, 2009.

1. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    I would suggest to the admins that this post be removed. At this point it's only going to hurt those who might want to sell their old DRB cabs in order to buy something new.

Figjam and Rodslinger like this.
  2. Rodslinger

Rodslinger Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2013
    RVA & then some
    I understand but I don’t think they should. If I was going to buy a cab I’d definitely like to know if it was from an utter scumbag or not. This post is a warning to others. It’s already help many stay away from his stuff.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    GregC, Jeff Scott and BadJazz like this.
  3. portaflexer

portaflexer

Jan 31, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I agree with Rodslinger. A criminal stole tens of thousands of dollars from TalkBass members and he continues to market himself to other musicians. This thread needs to stay forever.

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    IMO, if you own a DRB cab and it works for you and then you want to sell it, you are not responsible for the business practices of the DRB owner, Marc Serio. None of the money paid for a used cab goes to DRB so it's nothing that DRB profits from.

Just like any other product you buy used, the manufacturer is not in the loop at that point.

BlacksHole, GregC, BadJazz and 2 others like this.
  5. Mike Arnopol

Mike Arnopol Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    He just showed up on this facebook page showing pics of his cabs. I'mtrying to engage him in discussion.
    Asheville Bass Hang

agedhorse likes this.
  6. Mike Arnopol

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    alright, guys. I asked him if the cabs he showed were available. He said yes and is all excited. The guy is a sleaze and I know that Jake doesn't mind guys going on that thread and ripping him a new one!!!

Jeff Scott likes this.
  7. Mike Arnopol

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    I just posted giving him a chance to explain. Maybe he will. He is checking that thread by the way.

8. Mike Arnopol

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    he's talking

9. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    How recently has someone had bad dealings with Marc? He mentioned "this was 10 years ago", and I'm trying to get some clarity on this

10. Mike Arnopol

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    he said that he took care of all cabs and money owed. Is that true?

11. portaflexer

portaflexer

Jan 31, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It's absolutely not true. I know he's not taken care of me and I'm 99% sure others are still owed as well. I think only 1 or 2 have been made whole. Chime in if I'm wrong fellas.

Sidenote: even if he satisfied some orders years later... Is that okay? Does anyone think its good business practice to take money from a customer, claim the product will ship in weeks, and then it doesn't arrive for 2 or 3 years with excuse after excuse? That alone is a red flag... plus I am guaranteeing everyone has not been made whole.

BadJazz likes this.
  12. portaflexer

portaflexer

Jan 31, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    10 years ago my @$$. Look at this post from 2012 where Serio was contacting TalkBass saying he was attempting to make everyone whole. Then read the 30+ pages of complaints since then. Serio is a liar and a thief. No musician should do business with him... EVER!

BadJazz likes this.
  13. Mike Arnopol

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    It all sucks. He screwed up royally. But if he did made good---and takes responsibility and apologizes---people deserve a second chance. I can sympathize that people go through difficult, dark times. I sure have. But you apologize, make amends, and never do it again. If you want to PM me with your names I'll confront him with it saying that these are TB guys that have never had resolution.

Downunderwonder likes this.
  14. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    From my experiences with Marc, don't even think about giving him a second chance.

portaflexer and BadJazz like this.
  15. Mike Arnopol

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    I was just trying to be a nice guy and hopefully get him to take responsibility and take appropriate action. And help you guys get your dough back. Again---I've got no dog in this fight.

16. I don't have a dog in this one, but check post 1104- theres a list of who has been taken care of and who is still owed product/refund. Clearly not everyone has been taken care of.....

portaflexer and BadJazz like this.
  17. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Yeah, I tried that. Trust me, don't ever believe a word from his mouth.

18. BadJazz

BadJazz Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Eugene, Oregon
    Marc Serio and Darrin Huff have gone over the top to prove themselves as serial liars who should never be trusted. This doesn't mean they won't deliver (in part or in whole) on their past transgressions, but their histories are so well documented that trust in either of them is a fool's errand.

19. portaflexer

portaflexer

Jan 31, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    So everyone doesn't have to scroll back to find post #1104 (and also to show the gravity of the situation)...

No less than 44 TB members were ripped off by Serio. 6 actually received their product after years of delays. 4 were able to get their money back through other means (chargebacks, grievances, etc). That leaves 34 still owed.

Personally, I know I've contacted him several times about my order. He's acknowledged it and often said its close or its ready or its shipping this week, but eventually he just quit responding.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    DaveKirkpatrick likes this.
  20. portaflexer

portaflexer

Jan 31, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I completely agree that people deserve a second chance. The problem is Serio's second chance came 8 years ago, as did his third. By the time John Turner got involved, I'm pretty sure that was his 4th or possibly 5th chance. John was very clear and told Serio this was his last chance, make good or face the consequences. Serio screwed up again. At this point I think he's on his 6th or 7th chance... and nobody deserves that many.

That said, I'm willing to give this another go. Maybe he'll make good this time... though I doubt it. PM sent.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    GregC, BadJazz and JACink like this.