1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
     
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

(Dr Bass/Marc Serio)-cab builder accepted >$10k in payments,never delivered gear

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff Scott, Nov 29, 2009.


  1. Jeff Scott

    Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

    Apr 11, 2006
    Um, good luck. May the farce be with you! ;)
     
  2. J.Wolf

    J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

    Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    If those numbers are true, then him saying "90% of them were made right with cabinets the other 10% were paid cash" on Facebook is not cool. His tone on this fb thread is really 'past tense' about the whole thing, that everyone was made right in some way and people just wont let it go. Well, if you havent paid them, yeah, they probably aren't really wanting to just move on...
     
    kesslari and GregC like this.
  3. That's S.O.P for d. bASS.
     
    Jeff Scott and portaflexer like this.
  4. DaleyKD

    DaleyKD

    Oct 19, 2010
    Anna, TX
    Man, I received a Reverb message from him last night asking about the price for my Schecter 5-string that I've been trying to EVENTUALLY sell.

    When I looked at his site, I remembered the badge on the bass cab. (Mind you, I haven't been active in the bass world for a few years.) This led me to come back to trusty TalkBass.com and do a quick search, only to realize, "yeah, that's why I remember that name."

    Guess I won't be doing any business with him. I'd hate for him to try to screw me out of a few hundred bucks because he'll claim the bass didn't show up in proper shape or something.
     
  5. J.Wolf

    J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

    Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Well, he's on the Asheville Bass Hang group page on FB saying: "90% of all refunds were handled by shipping gear the other 10% were paid but there are a couple who will accept nothing. There are also those that have posted on sites that don't know me have never ordered anything from me but the administrators won't take them down either, you see if they have an agenda also".

    Mainly I was coming on here to see who was still owed money or product, as his claim doesnt seem to jive with this. Also, 90% + 10% = 100%, but "there are a couple who will accept nothing" is a little confusing, because: math.
     
    wave rider and kesslari like this.
  6. J.Wolf

    J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

    Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I guess what I’m really wanting to know is who in this thread is still owed money or a bass, since by his calculations, 100% minus “a couple“ of customers have been made whole
     
  7. portaflexer

    portaflexer

    Jan 31, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    That is a very difficult number to quantify. The only way to know for sure would be to contact everyone on the "still owed" list and ask them.

    Just because someone fails to post here does not mean their debt is resolved. I know several put this thread on "ignore" because they just couldn't handle it going to the top again and again and again (I've debated it myself but I stay subscribed for reasons like this). I know others have ditched TB in favor of Facebook or other information sharing platforms so they probably don't know about Serio's current antics.

    Again, it is a very difficult number to quantify. At last count, this was the full list...

    Still owed:
    5StringPocket
    anonymous073020132
    Bassorama57
    Bjazzman
    Bluesy Soul
    BruceBass
    btp
    cpasmore
    felt-tip
    funkdabass
    j4gitr
    guy mouton
    Gemsguitarist
    Gus Borden
    kumarevolution
    nastyn8c
    neoman09
    PODperson
    portaflexer - I can verify this one
    rob4001va
    Roscoe Vahorne
    rjr225
    rxbassman
    scotchlouis
    Skeevenmac
    Sliderbass
    smadder
    Smurf-o-Deth
    SMUTWORLD
    StanSzymanskiJr
    Viking81
    Was Thursday
    whocaresnotme
    Yossarian

    Received product eventually:
    45cmckay105
    burgerdj
    dannylectro
    Jeff Scott
    Matt Morgan
    Noaita

    Received full/partial refund thru other means:
    mrgoodbass
    lowmid1
    leshok
    Ronny49
     
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Kubicki Fan, wave rider and BadJazz like this.
  8. J.Wolf

    J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

    Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I guess those are the "a couple who will accept nothing". Jesus.....
     
  9. Mike Arnopol

    Mike Arnopol Supporting Member Commercial User

    Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    Holy crap. ok----he's a jerk
     
    Jeff Scott and Kubicki Fan like this.
  10. portaflexer

    portaflexer

    Jan 31, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    One thing that needs to be understood about Mr Serio is that he's not just a cabinet maker, he's also a professional thief. He knows exactly what he's doing. He'll accept the money up front, tell the customer to expect a wait, delay some responses, come up with excuses... before you know it the chargeback period is exceeded and Serio walks off with the money. Then he fills a couple orders, admits to mistakes, says he's got a new plan, and he's back in business... just to repeat the process.

    These aren't $3000 orders either, its $200 here, $400 there... enough to keep him out of court... but it adds up. He has repeated the same behaviors time and time again for about a decade now. Thru it all he delivers new orders (and occasionally one from the past), but he never straightens out the mess he's made. It just grows with each passing year and the wronged are never made whole.

    If anyone thinks he might have changed his ways, I invite you to go back to page 1 of this thread and start reading. My guess is you won't make it half-way thru before you spot a pattern. Same behaviors, same excuses, same claims over and over. The thing is, Serio is compelling and charming. You want to believe him. You want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I know because it happened to me... and so many others. This thread serves as proof.
     
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  11. Mike Arnopol

    Mike Arnopol Supporting Member Commercial User

    Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    yeah---it's too bad. I didn't know the extent of his misdeeds.He represented himself on the FB thread in a way that obviously betrays reality. Well---tried to give him a chance to make good.
     
  12. portaflexer

    portaflexer

    Jan 31, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Here are some of my favorite JT quotes from this thread. Collectively, I think they pretty much sum up the whole situation. :banghead:

    2010
    2011 - NOTE the count was 14 unfilled orders at this point
    2012
    2013
    2015
     
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    GregC, Fishheadjoe, Pat C. and 3 others like this.
  13. Sliderbass

    Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own!

    PLEASE tell me this still isn't going on? I've been away for awhile but God, please say this has stopped. Marc is not doing the anymore....

    BTW... still waiting(not really) for my cab...
     
  14. portaflexer

    portaflexer

    Jan 31, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Well Sliderbass... I've got some bad news...
    (but that doesn't really surprise you does it?)
     

Share This Page