1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

(Dr Bass/Marc Serio)-cab builder accepted >$10k in payments,never delivered gear

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff Scott, Nov 29, 2009.

1. portaflexer

portaflexer

Jan 31, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Oh wow. A credit plan with no credit check and no interest where a merchant who is known for not delivering products gets to charge you half + shipping + $25 before he even has to start explaining why your cab is late. Ugh.

Well guys... this is exactly why this thread has to stay active. It's the only proof left on the Internet. Serio has tried to get it removed but TalkBass has fought him. Hopefully future victims will do a Google search before they enter into the Dr Bass "Payment" Plan.

2. Tim Schnautz

Tim Schnautz

Jan 30, 2000
    Why your cab is late, or actually will remain permanently non existent?

chupacerveza likes this.
  3. Tim Schnautz

Tim Schnautz

Jan 30, 2000
    Now I've heard he's making them and selling on reverb. orders are supposedly shipped promptly. I picked this up from another bass board, so you might check out what the deal is...

"
    He now builds them and sells them on Reverb. They are completed and ships right away. That is a three way 15" cabinet. I also have a 12" version I got used. They sound great. His designs are similar to the Greenboy hifi cabinets. He actually did that way before GB..." cat=100&_nc_ohc=4pfptfaa1c8AQkvdrtPhy5NcULISw2RBlgNiLlyEeE9rkhdGwEbbTHF_Q&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

jeff7bass likes this.
  4. Anyone Google Map his Myrtle Beach address that is provided on his website? Not sure how you can have a cabinet building operation ran inside a trailer.... but, who knows? :/

DJ Bebop likes this.
  5. Looks like some may need to wait for their cabs. :D

From the DR.Bass website, dr.basscabs.com/home

NOTE: On Feb. 6th, I am having a full right knee replacement and all business will be suspended, possibly for the entire month of February. The cabinets on the "Available Cabinets" page will be available for immediate delivery until Noon Feb. 5th. Call for special pricing.

Keep checking back for updates!

DJ Bebop and Rodslinger like this.
  6. Tim Schnautz

Tim Schnautz

Jan 30, 2000
    Somebody ball bat one?

7. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    FaroffUnacceptableBorzoi-size_restricted.gif

DJ Bebop likes this.
  8. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    I'm pretty sure the intention of this thread wasn't to wish for violence on the man.

9. Tim Schnautz

Tim Schnautz

Jan 30, 2000
    I was only commenting on a reason he'd have knee surgery

DJ Bebop, TN WOODMAN and Rodslinger like this.
  10. Tim Schnautz

Tim Schnautz

Jan 30, 2000
    He may be using someones garage or something like that

Rodslinger likes this.
  11. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own! Supporting Member

He's STILL in business? PT Barnum was spot on!

agedhorse and S-Bigbottom like this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021