Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dr.Bass: Pulled the Trigger on 2 Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iualum, Dec 18, 2004.

1. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Yep, that's right. I'm psyched!

Doing a RxL 2260 & a RxL 210. The 2260 is a 212 + 6" mid + horn. Going with 16 ohm Neos in the 2260 & 210. Both will be 8 ohm cabs.

Think my bases (& basses) will be covered pretty well with these.

Love the size, the weight, & the hard coating. Sure I'm going to love what they produce too!
    Did I mention I'm psyched?

2. Congrats! I haven't heard of the 2260. I have been pondering the BL 2124 Neo, as a stand alone cab. What's the weight of the 2260?

3. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Not 100% sure, but I'm guessing the Neo 2260 should be around 55 lbs. & the Neo 210 should be around 41 lbs. Pretty portable the way I look at it.

4. Those are good weights, and yes very portable. Please give us a review.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Set your expectations very high for that 2x10. I own a neo 2x10 from Marc, and it is an exceptional cab.

Enjoy

6. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    definitely looking forward t ohear what you have to say about that neo 2x10, i'm still young but cant deny the appeal of neo equipped 2x10 cabs.

7. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    I know that you owned one of Marc's cabs, a prototype if I'm correctly. I remember you having very nice things about it.

8. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Yup. I own two cabs made my Marc. A 1x15 and a 2x10. Both have neo Eminence drivers and are made of birch. The 2x10 really impressed me for its size, weight and dimensions. It is well balanced, but perhaps not as ultimately refined as some of my far more expensive cabs.

For what Marc charges, his cabs are exceptional.

9. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Understand. Yeah, I think they'll be tremendous bang for the buck.

By the way, did you ever hear of a physician in Freemont named Ervin Koons? He passed away maybe 10 years ago.

10. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I did not know Dr. Koons myself, but yes, I did know of him - it's a fairly small town...

11. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Was just curious. He was my uncle. I thought he was pretty well known in Fremont. Always liked the town when we'd visit.

12. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    It's definitely more fun in the summer, when you can ski/fish on the river, and hit Lake Erie. BTW, your uncle was well thought of and highly respected.

Take care, Tom.