1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dr Bass speaker cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xanderdavis, Feb 24, 2008.

1. xanderdavis

xanderdavis

Feb 24, 2008
    New Jersey
    Do you own a Dr. bass speaker cabinet? Which model do you own? How was the customer support? How is it holding up? How Does it sound? How many watts are you powering it with?

2. A BL 1260 NEO and a 2460 NEO

Great cabinets...Great sound...probably the best crossover networks out there for bass cabinets.

Rock solid construction and an indestructible finish - my NEO cabinets are easy to move around, and I love the fact that my bass rig is 1/2 the size of many guitar rigs and still holds its own without any issues.

just my .02,
    Jay

3. giglawyer

giglawyer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    I one a BL2260 (now called the 2460). 2x12 + 1x6, 1000w RMS, 3-way, awesomeness (4ohms). I power mine with a Hughes & Kettner BassBase 600, which gives me (conserveatively) 650w at 4ohms.

I love my rig, albeit GAS is tempting me to experiment with an all tube head just for giggles.

4. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    I have owned several Dr Bass cabs and dollar for dollar they are great. Well built, durable, quality top to bottom. Marc is now trying to fix their biggest problem, lead times for orders.