Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dr Bass thread deleted

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigfatbass, Feb 14, 2006.

1. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    Marc has contacted me, but I don't have have time right now to take his call. I will call him later today and post the result.

2. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    signing up to hear results.

3. ditto

4. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    3 time

5. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    Hope it works out man!

6. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Eagerly awaiting the results of this...:eek:

7. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I hope it works out for you. I've got a cabinet on order and seeing your situation end equitably would help me remain confident that I made a good decision.

8. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    am i the only one that finds it strange...you've got time to post...

but not time to take a phone call regarding a significant amount of money, and the potential resolution of a conflict between yourself and the seller???

9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

I find it strange that you question his motivations, or his priorities.

It takes--what? Less than a minute to delete his old thread like he said he would, and to post a quick update for anyone wondering where the thread went.

Do you honestly think giving Marc a minute of his time before he runs out the door and hurrying him through a call is the better route? Do you think he didn't take the call out of spite after 6 weeks of trying to get it resolved? Or, do you think he didn't want to miss the first 3 minutes of Oprah? :rollno:

Why aren't you questioning the fact that after repeated phone calls, Marc finally calls him up the same day he gets bad press on Talkbass, and the Dudepit?

Why not let the process play out instead of playing Internet Sherlock Holmes. Or, perhaps Internet Clouseau is a better comparison....

10. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004

you guys are hopeless. get back to work.

11. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Darn it. Now all of us who posted in that deleted thread have to watch our post count go down, and our TB cred diminished.....

;)

12. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    When we can argue about stuff that doesn't directly relate to us? NEVER!

13. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    scissors

14. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
  15. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    paper always wins

16. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA

perhaps it's my priorities, then, that are out of line. but i figure if i've got a couple or so hundred bucks hanging out there on a bass cab, and the only guy that can really help me resolve the issue calls me...i'd be far more inclined to make the time to resolve the issue than to take the time to come on a bass forum and start trying to clean up the mess i made when (IMNSHO) i started a rant that probably shouldn't have happened...

whatever.

17. ZING!

18. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Rock?

Aw man:meh:

19. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    I really think the original thread was warranted. Too bad this is happening. I hope he puts proper review up at HC.

20. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    But if he hadn't have started that rant, he wouldn't have gotten the call from Marc. Thats the real point...he had to start a thread letting everyone know about his bad experience to get Dr. Bass to take him seriously.