1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dr. Bass vs GK cabs for a vintage sound?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ishouldbeking, Jul 18, 2007.

1. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    I asked a slightly different question a few days ago, and have decided to rephrase it.

I'm going for a mostly vintage sound with my band and I'm currently playing through a GK 410rbh. I'm thinking of adding the matching GK 15", but another part of me likes what I hear about Dr. Bass (and the lighter weight cabs) and I'm considering dumping the 410 to get a dr bass 15 paired with a 310 or a 212, so I'm wondering: between the GK RBH cabs and the Dr. Bass BL series, which would give me a more "vintage" (read: less sterile) sound?

Also, if there's a noticeable difference in tone between the dr bass RX and BL series, which would be better for my application? I'm playing a Jazz bass strung with flats (with a dunlop nylon jazz pick) thru a GK 2001RB, for reference. And yes, i know that amp isn't exactly a vintage sound, but i like the flexibility for now while i'm finding my sound. Thanks!

2. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    I would have to say the DR Bass BL cabs with traditional speakers, instead of the Neo drivers.