1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dr. Bass Warning! Doctor Bass Warning!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anonymous073020132, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous073020132

anonymous073020132 Guest

Dec 15, 2007
    USA
    I'm here to warn any of you thinking of purchasing a cab from Marc Serio at Dr. Bass. The guys a crook. I ordered a DRB412 cab from him over a month ago everything was going fine. two days later my wife looses her job of many years because her local toy store can't stay in business. I asked Marc at Dr. Bass for a refund & to please cancel my order. Marc said no problem, I'd have the money back in my account by the end of the week. I waited...Nothing. Two weeks later Marc said he would take it out of his personal account to pay me back. Weeks later... Nothing! I email & call but to no avail. I've contacted the Better Business Bureau already & I'm talking to a lawer to see what legal action I can take. My family is going through hell trying to keep afloat. I've had to sell all my gear to pay bills & keep food on the table for my wife & son. I even had to take a 2nd job. Be forewarned! Do not buy from Dr. Bass. Crazy thing is, about a year ago I bought the DRB610 from Marc off ebay. I got a little bit of run around but didn't think too much of it. Ebay & Paypal had my back & got Marc to ship the cab when I complained. Great cab by the way, too bad I had to sell it.

2. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    this isn't going to go good:rollno:

3. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    there seems to be alot of this going around lately.. i read another thread that abother guy had a similar problem.
    I and a few others are having a problem trying to get money returned by the California branch or Livewire IEMs.. i havev since gone to Westones and am very happy .
    But in recent weeks i have heard more and more about these companies saying one thing and doing another. ughhhhhhh
    I hope you get your cash back soon.. and hope al lworks out in the big picture sooner than later

4. IbanezATK

IbanezATK

Feb 24, 2009
    Monroe, LA, USA
    I damn near bought two cabinets from Dr. Bass.

5. Before this gets closed, it is becoming a recurring theme? :eyebrow::meh:

6. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    the crappy think is that it is hard to search dr. bass on TB, at least I have a hard time due to the three character thing

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    There have been a number of Dr. Bass complaints over recent months. There are also many happy customers, so it's not like he's the devil or anything, but I have seen an awful lot of complaints about him failing to deliver the goods in a timely fashion, and dropping the ball on communication with the customer.

It's true that "Dr." gets you nothing with the regular search, but (a) the advanced Google TB search does just fine with Dr. or Dr. Bass or whatever, and (b) one of the Amps forum mods recently started changing the Dr. Bass thread titles to "Doctor Bass" for easier searching.

8. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Closed until the local mods can check in.

9. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Thanks for closing this before it got out of hand Chris.

To the OP, we already have an existing thread for concerns/complaints regarding Dr.Bass. Please post it there and stick to just the facts of your business transaction. Good luck and I hope you get the situation resolved quickly.

Read the following response...

Yep, that mod is me. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.