Dr Bass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scotius2001, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Anybody had any recent dealings with Marc and Dr Bass? His website is STILL not updated. THe last few times I tried to email him I got no reply. Just wondering if he's still in biz...
  2. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    Yup he's still happnin. Talked to him two days ago. Busy guy that Marc.
    Happy Times,
  3. Hey Scott!

Yeah, I've exchanged several emails with Marc, just this past week.

I was asking him about a BL115 to go with the BL1260 I bought from you. (Great little cab, y'all!)

(Scott must be getting the Dr.Bass jones again..)

The one thing I keep meaning to ask him when I email him is when is he going to update the website, and I keep forgetting to..

He did tell me last year that he was raising his prices when the website was updated, whenever that occurred.

I've also exchanged emails with Wes Watson, but he didn't say anything specifically about continuing to work with Marc on the drbasscabs.com website.

Marc has all kinds of groovy new cabinet configurations! It's a pain that the website doesn't show them.. bass players would be all over these new cabs.

Maybe that's why he's not in a hurry to update the site! He did mention how swamped they've been with orders.

He sent me a picture of a mirror-image stack of two 1260's on top of two 115's that they recently built up for a player in Rhode Island. The left stack was normal, with horns on the right side of the face, and the right stack was reversed, so that the horns were all on the inside of the stack. (Note- this picture is the same one that's now at the bottom of the revamped Dr.Bass website.)

I'm getting ready to join TalkBass as a supporting member.. when I do, I'll post that pic that Marc sent me.

How's life on the left coast, Scott? Gigging much this summer?

4. Yeah, been thinking about a new 210 and have always wanted to try one of his. I'll have to try contacting him now and see what's new...

Color me very curious.

Not as much as I'd like but I take what I can get. Got a bevvy of tribute bands I'm either trying to salvage or keep working. L.A. is a blessing and a curse where that is concerned. So what do I do when things slow down? BUY MORE GEAR of course :D