Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dr. Bass ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by flyman, Nov 7, 2005.

1. flyman

flyman Whoa!!

Aug 2, 2005
    cincinnati, ohio
    I did a search, but that didn't turn up a whole lot. Those of you that have (or had) these cabs: What do you have to say about them?

I'm particularly interested in comments about their 1x12s, especially the Rx, but info on any of their products would be great.

Thanks.

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Great cabs, and a true bargain. I recently compared a custom neo 2x10 from Dr. Bass to some high end competitors, and I feel like the Dr. Bass cab held its own quite well against some of the big boys.

2x10 Shootout

3. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    i have dr.bass bl 1260,4 ohm,500w,i use this as a single cab solution,built like a tank with polymer coating,as far as tone goes as good as anything i've ever heard,399. can't go wrong :D drbasscabs.com

4. flyman

flyman Whoa!!

Aug 2, 2005
    cincinnati, ohio
  5. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    I've posted a couple of times in other peoples Dr.Bass threads. I've got an Rx2260 that I'm very happy with. I run it with a Yorkville XS800H. This little cab is outstanding. It will put out what ever you send through it. Durable, great tone,thump or punch, can get really loud when needed, and can always be heard clearly in any mix.Oh, it does a great low B. What else do ya need.
    Rezdog

6. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Mark Serio knows what he's doing. The 1260 with an eminence Kappa pro 12 is a monster little cab.