1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DR Black Beauties or Sadowsky SS/NKL 5's

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jzbass6, Oct 21, 2006.

1. jzbass6

jzbass6 One Nation Under A Groove

I'm looking for some advice about DR BB's & Sad RW, I'm getting ready to change my strings on my Sadowsky R5-24. It has Sad SS on it now and I do like them, but I've heard a lot of good things about DR's BB and Sad's nickel RW. I play a lot of Funk, R&B and smooth Jazz gigs, so I need a good slap tone. Will the BB's and the Sad RW give me that tone and do the BB's really last longer?
    Thanks

2. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    Just tried the Blue Peacock color of the DR Extra Lifes and they were just alright. It is supposed to be a Hi Beam with whatever they put on it for protection but I found it to be quite a bit stiffer than the regular Hi beams.

3. I've also been disapointed with the higher tention of the DR coated. I like Hi-Beams a lot - which are quite pliant. It sucks because the coated costs quite a bit more (and look cooler).