Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DR Black beauties vs Rotosound Nickels

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dave120, Feb 13, 2006.

1. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Hi guys,

After posting my threads of my bass modifications and basically making my bass into a "stealth" bass which is essentially all black, some people told me I should get some black strings. Looking into the idea I came across the DR strings that come in several colors, each of which might look kinda cool against an all black bass.

Right now I'm using Rotosound RB45's (The same as RS66 Nickels without the silking). How might the DR strings compare? I hear the DR BB's are kind of bright, and my Rotos are pretty bright too so that's a good thing. I suppose I'll have to just try a set eventually but as a college student with limited income I'd like to get opinions first. Do you think they would sound similar to my Rotos? They are twice the price, but claim to last long. I'd only use them for aesthetics at shows and stuff really but I don't want something that will drastically change my sound.