1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD DR Black Beauties

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Mammoth_Bass, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Price:
  2. GTHintz

GTHintz

Jan 9, 2018
    California
    Just wondering, what kind of bass were these strung on? Thanks.

3. Mammoth_Bass

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Sorry Fender 4 in line

4. GTHintz

GTHintz

Jan 9, 2018
    California
    That's good. So what did they sound like? Ive never tried coated strings before.

5. GTHintz

GTHintz

Jan 9, 2018
    California
    Also, the jazz bass you have in your avatar is really beautiful!!! I have a precision bass I'm string shopping for. The black looks cool but I'm just worried about tone is all. But anything will sound better than the old dead strings I got on it now. Lol

6. Mammoth_Bass

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Thanks! I kind of regret letting that bass go.... the strings are pretty zingy and have a typical ‘rounds’ sound to them. I change my Strings way too much and am always trying something new so these don’t have too much playing time on them. I have a few other types of strings for sale too I can do a bundle discount if you’re interested

7. GTHintz

GTHintz

Jan 9, 2018
    California
    I don't mind hearing an offer for a bundle. I have Roto 66 swing bass strings on my main bass. I love them but I am looking for something for my back-up. Right now its got 2 old ass Rotos and 2 old ass something else on there and I'm embarrassed to hear it. Lol so even though they are coated they still have the ringing sustain and punch a good set of rounds should have?

Mammoth_Bass likes this.
  8. Mammoth_Bass

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Yes they do!

9. GTHintz

GTHintz

Jan 9, 2018
    California
    Also, I will have to check out your band sometime. Ive been wanting to hear something new lately. :)

10. GTHintz

GTHintz

Jan 9, 2018
    California
    So what kind of other strings do you have laying around?

11. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    PM sent