1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DR Colored Bass Strings on a Stingray

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Footballbumm88, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Footballbumm88

Footballbumm88

Jan 24, 2009
    Hey, i have a music man stingray that has old worn out strings and i want to try out colored strings. I have an all black stingray with a black pickguard and i want to know if the DR colored strings are good quality, and if i should get

Red
    Pink
    Blue
    or Black

So if you know if they are good reply and if you dont know if they are good then tell me what color to get.

2. From what I've heard they're great but for all black I'd go for blue for an awesome contrast or black for a stealth look.
    They are supposed to last longer than other strings and supposedly have a warmer sound (again just what I've heard from others)

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Um...go black. That would look great on your black bass. Cheers.

4. Footballbumm88

Footballbumm88

Jan 24, 2009
    i will post pictures once i decide

5. SpecialEdd

SpecialEdd

Apr 14, 2008
    Black bass, black pickguard, black strings = fashion nono.
    Go with red. Red on Flatblack always looks killer and you'll stand out. At the very least go with blue, anything but black :)

6. Footballbumm88

Footballbumm88

Jan 24, 2009
    i probably will do red or blue.

Im in a band with my friend and he has red guitar strings on his les paul and its insanely cool. My idea at first was to do red, but blue would look cool and maybe pink. My headstock and neck isn't finished black so is would be weird with a standard colored neck and black strings.

7. I put Cool Blue on my flat black with black hardware LP Special bass. Looks great. They also have a Peacock Blue but it's more blue-green. If you top load, spray your ball ends with flat black paint before you put them on.

8. The reds are more of a maroon color. I saw a black bass with pink strings in the Black Basses thread. Looked pretty good.

I was gonna go with black til I found out about the Cool Blue. Much better to my taste.

9. Footballbumm88

Footballbumm88

Jan 24, 2009
    I will put a picture up of my bass as my avatar so you can have a better idea

10. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    My vote would be Black...I think they would look great against the maple neck...but then again that is just my $.02

11. My vote would be black too, because of the maple neck.

12. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    +1 on the black

13. UnderTone

UnderTone

Mar 22, 2009
    Tucson, Arizona
    black

14. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Another vote for black. In addition to it looking the best (imo) on your bass, the black is the best looking out of the four colors after they have worn in. The wear on the strings was a lot less obvious, especially in the picking area, on the black set.

15. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    Black.

I have the DR Peacock Blue on my Blue Quilt Spector Euro and I think they both look and sound cool. the color does eventually rub off (especially if play with a pick). I play mostly with fingers, and even then they have rubbed off a bit. the strings still sound bright.

[​IMG]

16. Paisley Pink

17. tbird24

tbird24

Jun 27, 2009
    blue would looks sweet with the black. blue totally.

18. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Pink! Pink!

I cant remember his username, but another TB member has a matte black Ritter with pink strings. My favorite bass on TB, thus far.

19. tbird24

tbird24

Jun 27, 2009
    jeez pink is a very loved color on TB