1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DR CUSTOMER SERVICE A+

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rptrsn2, Apr 9, 2009.

1. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Feb 21, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    Endorsing Artist: Aurora Strings
    Just wanted to comend DR's customer service.I broke a brand new string the other day and emailed them to see if another type of their strings would be better for me.They told me very sorry , just a fluke and would send me a replacement string for the ONE I broke. Today I recieved a complete replacement set and never even asked them to replace the one.Hard to find good service these days and makes you feel good to find a company who stands behind their product!Thanks DR

2. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    I've had a couple of string go out on me and they've always sent a free replacement at their expense. Great service. Great company. Great strings.

3. rpatter

rpatter Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    +1

2 or 3 months ago I put a set of Hi Beams on my bass and the A string was dead. I called them and got the same treatment - they apologized and quickly sent out a new string. Can't beat that!

Ralf

4. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Glad you guys had good experiences!

I had e-mailed them about a "dead" B-string in a set of Sunbeams I had purchased... this was a few months ago & I've yet to hear back from anyone. :meh:

I still love their strings though & continue to use 'em! :)

5. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    That's really unusual. I wonder if your e-mail was somehow blocked by a SPAM filter or something. They respond to my e-mails within a couple of hours.

6. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    One thing that surprised me was they sent the replacements via FedEx even though it would have been a lot cheaper for them to use the postal service.

7. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I've gotten great service like that from Elixir recently. I bought a 4-string set + the low B. I was tuning the B to pitch and it snapped right at the nut. I brought it back to the shop I bought it from and he called Elixir. They instructed the manager to give me a new B (he had one in stock) and they would overnight a replacement for him plus another full set for me to pick up.

8. bassness

bassness

Jul 16, 2006
    Chicago area
    I recently had a brand new set of Hi-Beams go completely dead on me within an hour. I was just playing at home, not gigging or at practice. I emailed DR just to ask why this might happen and they sent me a new set, no questions asked. I had them in 2 days.

9. Call instead. I always get right through to someone, and they are always friendly and helpful.
    201-599-0100

10. Hector_G

Hector_G

Apr 6, 2009
    El Paso, Texas
    Similar situation with Carvin. Well, not so similar where it matters.

Brand new set, putting on the B on my Carvin bass and "pop", the core broke.

Email them just to see if they have single strings that I can purchase...

Never heard back.

11. I've had the same experience with GHS and DR. Broke the A on a new set of black beauties while tuning it up and e-mailed DR. They sent me a whole new set and when I emailed them to try and buy a single to finish out the other set they sent me that one too.

H