Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DR extra life bass strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ducaticarl, Nov 13, 2005.

1. ducaticarl

ducaticarl

Oct 16, 2005
    Earlier this week I picked up a set of the Dr extralife strings- I wanted to get the black ones but all GC had was the blue ones...I really didn't care about the color I just wanted to try them out...and I have to say they are awesome...they sound like a normal bass string unlike the coated elixir strings and they are nice and soft they feel like they bend easily...not to brite but have alot of punch to them also price wise I was shopping around on line for them and found the cheapest place to get them was juststrings.com $29.98...but I must say they were a pain in the *ss to deal with ..so I went to Guitar Center as a last resort and they had just got them in and were selling them for only $26.00!........very happy with them I highly recommend giving them a try next time you change your strings.....now if I can just get past the blue color.....................

2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    That's strange. I've been dealing with JustStrings.com for several years now, and have never found them to be anything other than extremely prompt, reliable and convenient...

MM

3. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

+1!
    Just wish they would drop the price of their Single Chrome "B" strings.

4. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Yeah, that is strange. I've never had a problem with JustStrings.com. They nearly always ship the strings the day I order them and I get them within a few days. What was the problem? :eyebrow: