Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DR High beams strings Any 1 know anything about them

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rob, Jul 19, 2004.

1. rob

rob

Mar 26, 2004
    hi....

comments on DR high beam strings...

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    A buddy of mine uses them on his 76 P-Bass and they always sound bright and clear. I prefered the Low Riders myself. Good feel on the strings, always sounded good and felt good to me.

3. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    [thread]57229[/thread]

4. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    DR High beam strings yes I do know sumthing about them they are good DRs are good everything is good but I like the Lo Riders better because they sound better and they are good.

5. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Highbeams are the only string I will use on my Warwick 5 string. I've yet to find another string (including lo-riders) that sound as good. They have a nice bite to the tone and last forever.

6. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I think if you do a search for them you'll find alot of info here. DR's have been a favourite for along time

7. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I like the DR highbeams on my 6 string. It's too bad really because I often have a difficult time getting them in a 6 string set. I have been ordering them online so all is good for now. I tried the low riders but only had them on for a set. Those babies were too stiff and damn near wore me out.
    So that's what I know about DR highbeams.

8. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I use Highbeams on my shortsclae basses and Lowriders on my longscale basses. Passive, active whatever they sound great on my Rick, Spector, BC rich, Washburn, every bass I put them on.