DR High beams strings Any 1 know anything about them

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rob, Jul 19, 2004.

1. rob

Mar 26, 2004

comments on DR high beam strings...
  2. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    A buddy of mine uses them on his 76 P-Bass and they always sound bright and clear. I prefered the Low Riders myself. Good feel on the strings, always sounded good and felt good to me.
  3. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
  4. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    DR High beam strings yes I do know sumthing about them they are good DRs are good everything is good but I like the Lo Riders better because they sound better and they are good.
  5. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Highbeams are the only string I will use on my Warwick 5 string. I've yet to find another string (including lo-riders) that sound as good. They have a nice bite to the tone and last forever.
  6. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I think if you do a search for them you'll find alot of info here. DR's have been a favourite for along time
  7. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I like the DR highbeams on my 6 string. It's too bad really because I often have a difficult time getting them in a 6 string set. I have been ordering them online so all is good for now. I tried the low riders but only had them on for a set. Those babies were too stiff and damn near wore me out.
    So that's what I know about DR highbeams.
  8. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I use Highbeams on my shortsclae basses and Lowriders on my longscale basses. Passive, active whatever they sound great on my Rick, Spector, BC rich, Washburn, every bass I put them on.