1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DR legend flats

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by funkybass, Nov 3, 2013.

1. funkybass

funkybass

Oct 19, 2006
    Indiana
    What flat could DR legends be compared to? I'm thinking of trying them out.

2. OEW3

OEW3

Nov 6, 2011
    USA
    Don't know exactly what to compare them to, but I used them for awhile, only switching because I wanted to try LaBellas. They're very smooth to the touch, slide into notes nicely. Relatively high tension but not at all hard to pull.
    Ultimately, I like the LaBella strings much more, but that is due more to the LaBella's being so good, as opposed to the DR's not being worth playing. You can't beat the low end of the LaBella's, especially on a P-bass.
    Come to think of it, my EB-3 still has the Legends on it, just haven't touched it since I installed a Bill Lawrence P-46 and the LaBella's on the P. That is a magical combo. My absolute dream tone...for this year at least.

3. I put a set of Legends on my 62 ri Pbass last week and so far I love them. They are higher tension than the Marcus Miller set I had on before so I had to lower the action. The only other flats I've used are Tomastik Jazz Flats which many people like. I found them sticky (not as smooth) and floppy (lower tension) and uneven tone string-to string (the D was remarkably unresponsive). The Legends have none of these problems, cost much less and sound great. My 2ยข.